When you’re shipping anything from the USA to Egypt, your best option will be to use MyUS. MyUS is a shipping company with a number of ideal advantages. They have a shipping calculator available on their website, so you can calculate the potential cost of your packages.
Here’s everything necessary to know about shipping to Egypt with MyUS.
The shipping rate calculator will ask you to choose the place that your package is going. You’ll also need to give the approximate weight in either pounds of kilograms. One of the great advantages of MyUS is that rather than calculating by package size or package count, the rate is always calculated by the weight. You don’t have to worry about any complicated conversions.
There’s also an exchange rate calculator, so you know how much your package will cost in both US dollars and Egyptian pounds.
You will have to pay duties and taxes on whatever items are being shipped to Egypt. There are some countries that employ a “de minimis value.” Below this number, taxes and duties aren’t applicable. Unfortunately, Egypt isn’t one of these countries. No matter what value your shipment has, you will need to pay duties and taxes.
MyUS doesn’t include these fees in the shipping charges. You have to pay the fees when your shipment is delivered.
MyUS does have an advantage, though. If your purchase turns out to have an item that’s damaged or prohibited, the company will tell you to return the items to the US stores they came from. This helps you avoid paying any additional taxes, duties, and unneeded shipping costs.
There are two delivery methods you can choose from: Express and Economy. With the Express shipping, your package will typically be delivered between 2 and 4 business days. Economy takes a little longer, but it costs less. With Economy, you can expect delivery between 5 and 10 business days after the purchase.
These are the estimated times for most packages. Some people receive their shipments in shorter periods of time. The MyUS goal is to ensure the packages are delivered in as timely a manner as possible.
MyUS members are given unlimited access to the comprehensive database showing rates and shipping options. You can always pick the option that works best for your necessary budget and time frame.
Banned Import Items
There are a number of different goods and merchandise that are banned from being imported into Egypt. MyUS needs to adhere to all involved customs regulations. Banned items can’t be shipped into the country. MyUS does have a compliance team, though, that reviews every purchase you make to make sure there aren’t any prohibited or restricted items. If there are any restricted items found, the team will arrange for the items to be returned, or for the correct shipment actions to be completed.
DHL Express has banned the following items:
- Breakable or fragile antiques
- Hazardous or combustible materials
- Otherwise dangerous goods
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Dental supplies and equipment
FedEx has banned the following items:
- Hazardous materials and chemicals
- Dry and wet ice
- Flammable and combustible materials
- Electronic cigarettes
- USB devices capable of making free international calls
- Magnetic materials
- Personal effects in excess of $2,000 USD
- Medical equipment
- Any items deemed offensive to Muslim culture
Shipments Above $2,000
In January of 2018, Egypt’s customs authority has prohibited personal shipments in excess of $2,000 USD or more from being imported into the country. If your shipment is a commercial one costing more than $2,000 USD, you’ll need to provide specific importation documents. These documents are not provided through MyUS:
- A certificate of origin, or COO
- A commercial invoice legalized by the USA’s Chamber of Commerce
- A letter of authorization
- Any additional documentation the Customs Authority asks for
How to Sign Up for MyUS
MyUS makes the shipping process easier than it’s ever been, and you also get cheaper rates than you’ll find with many other companies. You can shop for laptops, designer clothing, electronics, and other items from US stores, and your shipping times tend to be a maximum of 10 business days.
After you’ve become a member, you can shop through nearly any American website. MyUS handles all the complexities of the international shipping.
MyUS has been in the international shipping industry for more than 18 years. They’re familiar with the necessary protocols for countries all over the world.
To get started today, just follow these steps:
- Get signed up for a MyUS membership to be automatically assigned a personal shipping address
- Go through your online shopping experience, buying your favorite USA products and brands, even from stores who don’t have international shipping offers
- Write your personalized MyUS shipping address when you go through the checkout process
- Let the US retailers ship the purchases to the MyUS company
- MyUS then re-ships the purchases to your Egypt location in just a few business days
American Retailers to Buy From
Many popular US stores are easily at your fingertips thanks to MyUS. You can buy from any of these retailers:
- Gap clothing
- Ralph Lauren
- Forever 21
- Disney store
- Other cosmetics companies
You can also even buy from any small business with an online store.